IFMA Publishes Annual Report for Fiscal Year 2018
The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) has released its annual report for fiscal year 2018 (July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018). The digital report, titled “FY18 Year in Review: Annual Report” is available for download online at http://bit.ly/IFMAannualreport.
“The 2017-18 fiscal year was for IFMA — as for the facility management industry at large — a time of significant change,” wrote William O’Neill, CFM, FY18 chair of IFMA’s global board of directors, in his opening message in the report. “IFMA is on the right path to represent and advance the [FM] profession.”
Among the highlights contained in the FY18 report are:
- The addition of five new member networking groups:
- Guangzhou (China) Chapter
- Retail Council
- Chennai (India) Chapter
- Chaffey College (U.S.) Student Chapter
- UK Chapter
This brings the number of IFMA component groups worldwide to 136 regional chapters, 16 industry councils and six FM core competency-focused communities.
- IFMA hosted nine events in five countries across three continents.
- At fiscal year end, the total number of IFMA facility management credential holders stood at 12,796, an increase of 12 percent from FY17. A new free tool called the Career Compass, which launched in May 2018, matched more than 1,500 candidates with their optimal FM credential in just four months.
- The July 2017 launch of a new online discussion forum and document-sharing platform for members, IFMA Engage, yielded 42,658 total logins and 3,793 posts in 829 discussion threads.
- Users of IFMA’s industry-leading Knowledge Library completed 62,428 file downloads from among 934 pieces of peer-reviewed FM content.
- In 2018, IFMA is celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Certified Facility Manager® credential and the 30th anniversary of its FMJ magazine.
IFMA is the world’s largest and most widely recognized international association for facility management professionals, supporting 24,000 members in more than 100 countries. This diverse membership participates in focused component groups equipped to address their unique situations by region (136 chapters), industry (16 councils) and areas of interest (six communities). Together they manage more than 78 billion square feet of property and annually purchase more than US$526 billion in products and services. Formed in 1980, IFMA certifies professionals in facility management; conducts research; provides educational programs, content and resources; and produces World Workplace, the world’s largest series of facility management conferences and expositions. To join and follow IFMA’s social media outlets online, visit the association’s LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr pages. For more information, visit the IFMA press room or www.ifma.org.