Bisley Pop Up in Boston Sep. 27 with CEU Courses
Experience the best in workplace office solutions from innovative British brand Bisley in their Boston ‘pop-up showroom’ on 27 September
In 2017 Bisley, the British storage expert, expanded its reach into the North American market with a new 6,000 square foot showroom in Manhattan. From September Bisley will be reaching out to other major cities in the US with one day ‘pop-up showrooms’ beginning in Boston.
On the 27th September architects and designers will be invited to experience Bisley’s full potential at the Boston Design Center. For over eighty years Bisley has been Europe’s leading manufacturer of stylish storage solutions; their innovative products enhance workspaces by providing intelligent solutions which create organised environments. Whether that means furniture for focused and individual working, or adaptable pieces for collaborative spaces, meeting rooms or break-out areas, thier extensive portfolio helps people be comfortable and effective, wherever they are working.
The Boston Design Centre will play host to Bisley with doors opening at 7.30am for breakfast. Lunch will also be served with cocktails in the evening until doors close at 7.00pm. Guests will also get the chance to meet another leading British brand Connection, with whom Bisley collaborate, and discover their soft-seating ranges. The teams from both businesses will be on hand all day to discuss practical and inspiring solutions to workplace design challenges. Three CEU (Continuing Education Unit) sessions will run across the day.
CEU presented by J&J Flooring – 7.30am
Flooring & safety in the built environment
A comprehensive and objective overview of the relationship between flooring and safety in the workplace environment
• How flooring contributes to safety in the built environment
• The safety properties of different floor coverings
• The importance of considering safety properties when specifying flooring
• The relationship between the safety properties of flooring, the lifecycle costs, and a business bottom line
Accredited by: AIA, IDCEC, EDAC
CEU presented by Bisley and Connection – 12.00pm
Design, talent retention and wellbeing in the workplace
A seminar covering key trends influencing space, materials and colours in design and furniture application
• Discussing urbanism and the influence of nature on working environments
• Explore the attitudes of millennials and nomadic workers about colours, materials and freedom of space in the workplace
• Controlling the boundaries of privacy in the workplace through furniture, colours and materials
Accredited by : IDCEC, ASID, IIDA
CEU presented by J&J Flooring – 5.30pm
Improving the learning environment
Applying environmental factors like lighting, acoustics and indoor air quality to help positively influence teaching, students and the learning environment.
• Understanding the acoustic benefits of flooring
• Discussing floor covering and its impact on safety through slip/fall resistance
• How floor covering affects glare, comfort and light resistance
• Defining how floor covering contributes to air quality and a healthy environment especially relating to allergies and asthma
Accredited by AIA, IDEC, EDAC (HSW Designation)
Boston Design Center
1 Design Center Pl
2nd Floor market Stalls
Ever since launching the iconic MultiDrawer in 1958, Bisley has pioneered innovative storage that meets the challenges of the time and stays relevant, decade after decade. When it comes to creating working environments, Bisley is the name people in over 50 countries turn to for quality they can trust.
Bisley produces 15,000 items each week from its factory in Wales and makes over 4000 world-wide deliveries every month via their 10 international offices. Through continued production investment and acquisition, Bisleycan combine the strength and durability of steel with the pleasing aesthetic qualities of wood to provide a unique choice of solutions for an extensive range of markets.
Bisley products maximise workspaces by providing intelligent and often bespoke storage solutions which create organised environments. Whether that means furniture for focused and individual working or adaptable pieces for collaborative spaces, meeting rooms or break-out areas, the extensive portfolio helps people across the world be comfortable and effective, wherever they are working.