Perkins Eastman Announces 2021 Promotions
Global Architecture and Design Firm Celebrates Top Talent with Well-Deserved Promotions from Associate to Associate Principal
Top architecture and design firm Perkins Eastman is pleased to announce the elevation of 121 members of its staff. The hard work, exceptional skill, and innovative thinking of these individuals—leaders not only within the firm, but in the industry at large—is deeply felt and duly recognized.
“We are proud to celebrate the incredible accomplishments of these individuals,” says Shawn Basler, AIA, Co-CEO and Executive Director of Perkins Eastman. “Their collective dedication for inventive design, passion for mentorship, and commitment to thoughtful leadership is not only impressive, but reflective of our firm’s culture. It is a privilege to acknowledge their talents with these recognitions.”
Perkins Eastman celebrates the following individuals who have been promoted to Associate Principal:
- Associate Principal Jennifer Beggiato, LEED AP, applies a passion for synergistically-minded design, 15-plus years of dedicated experience, and her role as Co-Residential Practice Area Leader to create a portfolio of work that includes national and international luxury hotels, senior living properties, and upscale student housing, in addition to numerous award-winning multi-residential projects.
- Associate Principal Samantha Belfoure, NCIDQ, LEED AP BD+C, IIDA, utilizes 15 years of interior design expertise on a breadth of projects of all types with a particular focus in the senior living practice area.
- Associate Principal Tim Bertschinger, AIA, leverages more than 15 years of expertise among a wide range of practice areas, including commercial, residential, higher education, civic, large scale, mixed-use, senior living, K-12, and government, to design in a way that affects positive social change, enhances communities, and delivers equitable and sustainable outcomes with broad impact.
- Associate Principal John Graham, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, is an expert in project management who is well-versed in all aspects of the design process, thanks to 25-plus years of experience in the planning, designing, and managing of complex educational and institutional buildings.
- Associate Principal Salema Gumbs oversees Perkins Eastman’s Human Resources department with a passion for relationship-building, a knack for empowering employees to achieve their professional goals, and more than 20 years of hands-on experience in human resources management.
- Associate Principal Mathew Hart, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP, is a passionate architect who creatively and imaginatively integrates design technology into the design process, communicating and developing the design of mixed-use buildings, residential projects, urban design, and master planning.
- Associate Principal Sonya Julian Lester, AIA, LEED AP, is well-versed in all aspects of the planning, design, construction, and management processes for large-scale academic and commercial buildings, as well as facilities for the arts, thanks to more than 20 years of professional experience.
- Associate Principal Ty Kaul, AIA, is a detail-oriented and thoughtful designer who has been with the firm since its founding, possessing an impressive résumé of complex projects spanning educational, housing, senior living, commercial, community facility, interiors, and historic preservation.
- Associate Principal Jessica Knapp employs an energetic, results-driven, and strategic mindset to marketing and business development, thanks to nearly 20 years of professional experience.
- Associate Principal Nathaniel Koschmann, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, with 18 years of dedicated expertise, spearheads work in campus facilities to encourage greater access for all student demographics as a Higher Education Science and Technology Leader for the firm.
- Associate Principal Errol Maynard, AIA, shifted focus from ‘Architecture’ to ‘Information Technology in Architecture’ over 16 years ago and today oversees the firm’s Applications, Design Technology, and Client Services teams, positioning Perkins Eastman to keep pace with technological developments impacting our industry.
- Associate Principal Rebecca Milne, LEED GA, leverages 13 years of professional experience, a background in neuropsychology and architecture, and a finely-tuned collaborative approach to lead the firm’s Design Strategy team.
- Associate Principal Ann Neeriemer, AIA, LEED AP, combines a passion for place-making and community-based design, along with 15 years of extensive design expertise, to create sustainable and forward-looking educational spaces that support and inspire the next generation of children.
- Associate Principal Shefali Raichaudhuri, AIA, LEED AP, boasts an impressive portfolio of public and private institutional projects, including a full spectrum of academic and science-related facilities that support learning and collaboration, thanks to almost 20 years of architectural expertise.
- Associate Principal Phillip Templeton, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, combines a dedicated commitment to sustainability with more than two decades of wide-ranging design experience to create innovative and environmentally-friendly educational, civic, and cultural facilities.
- Associate Principal Emily Woods Weiskopf, AIA, with a decade of professional experience, employs a collaborative approach, a keen eye for design, and a background in business to lead a variety of multi-residential and hotel projects through all phases of the design and construction process.
- Associate Principal Tamer Youssef is an expert in the design and management of a diverse range of complex project types and scales, thanks to 20 years of cross-disciplinary experience in residential, religious, commercial, and educational work.
Elevating Senior Associates and Associates
In addition, Perkins Eastman recognizes and celebrates the richly-deserved promotions of 51 individuals to Senior Associates and 53 to Associates. The firm thanks each of them for their significant contributions.
ABOUT PERKINS EASTMAN
Perkins Eastman is a global design firm founded on the belief that design can have a direct and positive impact on people’s lives. The firm’s award-winning practice draws on its 1,100 professionals networked across 22 offices worldwide. By keeping the user’s needs foremost in the design process, the firm enhances the human experience across the spectrum of the built environment. For more information visit www.perkinseastman.com.