World’s Largest Ceramic Tile Show (Cersaie) Returns to Bologna Sept 23-27 with New Identity
The 2019 edition of Cersaie – the world’s largest international exhibition of ceramic tile and bathroom furnishings – will take place at the Bologna Exhibition Center in Bologna, Italy from September 23-27, 2019. With a robust program that includes lectures, CEU-accredited seminars for architects and designers, and training courses for tile industry professionals, Cersaie is the most important annual exposition of the newest trends, designs, and innovations in the ceramic industry. The show features 800+ exhibitors from 40 countries and attracts over 112,000 attendees from around the world, including architects, interior designers, tile installers, distributors, and media. Now in its 37th year, Cersaie is organized by Edi.Cer SpA and promoted by Confindustria Ceramica in collaboration with Bologna Fiere.
Website/Social: www.cersaie.it / For more information, follow @CersaieOfficial on Twitter and @Cersaie on Facebook and Instagram.
When: September 23-27, 2019
Where: Bologna Exhibition Center – Bologna, Italy
- Cersaie has adopted a new look for 2019 and beyond. The campaign, “Open Cersaie,” incorporates a new logo and updated visual identity, representing an inclusive space in which ideas and energy can flow freely. “Open Cersaie” focuses on the importance of building relationships and fostering diversity in the world of architecture and design, and aims to reach new target audiences with a strategic digital media plan. View the full press release below.
- Chilean architect Felipe Assadi will participate in the 11th edition of the “Building, Dwelling, Thinking” cultural program at Cersaie 2019. In 1999, Assadi received the Young Promotion Award from the Architects’ Association of Chile and has since taught at a number of universities around the world. During the show, he will speak at a conference held in the Architecture Gallery about his work throughout Latin America and the U.S.
- Archincont(r)act – a new exhibition area designed to encourage networking among architects, exhibitors and suppliers in the contract design sector – will have 10 participating studios for this first edition. Located in Pavilion 29, the space will cover 700 sq. meters and feature a conference area and champagneria at the center.
- Cersaie’s 6th annual themed exhibition space will take on the format of a conceptual art gallery called Famous Bathrooms in Hall 30. Curated by Angelo Dall’Aglio and Davide Vercelli, the exhibition will feature a series of elaborate bathroom vignettes inspired by iconic historical figures like Coco Chanel, Piet Mondrian, Sigmund Freud and the Beatles.
- “Città della Posa” (Tiling Town) will return to Hall 31/A during Cersaie for the eighth year. Organized by Assoposa – the Italian tile installers association – the program will include various technical workshops and discussions between tile installers and designers to ensure cohesive relationships. Demonstrations will also focus on proper tile laying techniques, particularly with large format slabs.
OPEN CERSAIE MARKS NEW ERA
To reflect the many changes the show has undergone in recent years as well as broader developments in the world of architecture and design, Cersaie is adopting a new Image. Each year, architects, designers, contractors, retailers and Italian and international exhibitors converge on the ceramic tile and bathroom furnishings exhibition to get up to speed with the latest developments in the industry while building high-level professional relationships and exploring the innovative products and projects showcased by leading Italian and international companies.
Called OPEN CERSAIE, the new exhibition concept Is to focus on diversity and reach out to new target audiences. In keeping with this idea, a pictogram and a new logo were created to give CERSAIE a more comprehensive and institutional brand architecture capable of meeting the challenges of an increasingly competitive world. The image is connected visually with Cersaie’s most important initiatives aimed at the various target audiences: the Building Dwelling Thinking programme of architectural meetings; the Cersale Business missions for international architects; the design and lifestyle meetings hosted in the Press Cafes; the practical and theory demonstrations in Tiling Town; the Italian Style thematic shows; and the home renovation meetings for end consumers in Cersaie Designs Your Home.
The same open vision is found in the image strategy and media plan, which aim to establish Cersaie amongst the key international events for innovators and to reach out to new audiences through increased investments in the digital sector. The website www.cersaie.it has also been restyled, featuring larger homepage sliders with more visually appealing images and greater space devoted to videos and the site’s social media profiles.
As a result, Cersaie is being transformed from an “exhibition” venue to a “relational” space. The offline and online worlds merge together and “communication” becomes “conversation” . New relational dynamics can be developed before, during and after the show, then continued throughout the year to maintain a constantly high level of interest and attention. Social media play a vital new role in this communication strategy as virtual spaces where Cersaie can forge a powerful identity and open its doors to exhibitors, visitors, influencers and the city itself.
Renowned for its friendly, inclusive and open spirit, Bologna is the perfect place to develop this open vision, especially during the Bologna Design Week. Whether strolling around a city -centre courtyard or savouring a wine produced in the local hills while enjoying the specialities of one of the most famous regional cuisines of Italy, it is the perfect place for networking and building relationships or for negotiating complex business deals.
With the support of the historic city of Bologna, Cersaie is looking to the future and is ready to embrace the changes that will come into sharp focus at this year’s show in September.