PoE Consortium opens membership, elects board
Smart-building industry leaders build momentum for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) education and training group
PoE Consortium, the Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) industry trade group founded in September of this year, has opened for membership. Ideal members are those interested in supporting the PoE Consortium’s mission to advance PoE education, advocacy and the sharing of best practices. Any companies interested in joining can learn more and apply for membership at poeconsortium.com/membership.
On Nov. 4, 2022, the group held its first meeting, during which founding members elected a board of directors. The newly elected board set a February 2023 timeframe for the PoE Consortium’s first annual meeting, as well as established the group’s bylaws and articles of incorporation.
Four of the eight board directors will hold one-year-term leadership positions. MHT Lighting Chief Marketing Officer Kim Johnson will serve as president, and PoE Texas CEO Tyler Andrews will fill the group’s vice president role.
Johnson has more than a decade of marketing leadership experience in a wide range of industries, including consulting, retail data, consumer packaged goods and technology. She currently leads marketing for MHT’s core brands, products and platform-based solutions.
With a unique mix of technical expertise, construction experience and project management knowledge, Andrews heads up PoE Texas. He acquired the company in 2016 after recognizing the market potential for PoE in building intelligence.
Other directors holding PoE Consortium leadership positions include:
- Harry Aller, president and CTO of Innovative Lighting, who will serve as board treasurer. Aller has owned several US-based technology companies and has experience working with all phases of product integration.
- Cory Souders, who works in business development at Molex. He will serve as board secretary. Souders has more than 30 years of experience in lighting and smart-building technology.
Rounding out the board are:
- David Robinson, director of automation at Mecho Shades & NuLEDs
- Dwight Stewart, chief executive officer at Igor
- Luis Suau, chief business officer at Sinclair Digital
- Barry Vonada, product manager at Platformatics
About PoE Consortium
The PoE Consortium maintains an online hub of resources for education and training at poeconsortium.com. This core of industry expertise enables anyone looking to install PoE technology to feel confident in their decision to take advantage of the sustainability, savings and advanced amenities PoE technology offers. On the site today are explainer articles, project calculators and case studies. Soon, the site will include training and qualification courses for installers and integrators to ensure the quality of PoE-enabled projects. For more, visit poeconsortium.com.