New Wallpaper Inspired by Brooklyn’s Street Art Designed by Koroseal x Stacy Garcia
As the First-Ever Commercial Wallcovering Under Stacy Garcia | New York, the Collection Takes a Modern Approach to the Lively Scenes That Fill the Urban Streets
Koroseal Interior Products, a leading manufacturer, distributor, and market-driven designer of commercial interior products, is pleased to announce a vibrant, new collection of wallcoverings in collaboration with design visionary Stacy Garcia of Stacy Garcia® | New York.
The Stacy Garcia | New York collection for Koroseal embodies the energy, buildings, and people of New York City, drawing inspiration from the scenes that fill its streets. With expressively graphic brushstrokes, materials influenced by fashion, and textures derived from the beautiful brownstones that connect the city grid, each pattern in the collection emphasizes the magic amidst the madness in a city brimming with opportunity. The collection can be specified for a wide range of interior spaces including, hospitality, healthcare, corporate, education, retail, and more.
“This collection is bold and edgy, inspired by the sights and sounds of an urban environment. Everything from the gritty textures of New York’s buildings to the city’s parks, Central Park and the botanical gardens, served as jumping off points for the fresh patterns and textures,” said Stacy Garcia, head designer and founder of Stacy Garcia | New York. “During development, I was able to come into the Koroseal factory and work directly with the colorists — and custom printing and embossing allowed us to push boundaries on this collaboration.”
Stacy Garcia | New York for Koroseal is comprised of six expressive patterns:
- Minetta: Inspired by the hustle and bustle of urban life, Minetta is a visual representation of the perfectly imperfect migration path as one navigates through lively city streets. The design is featured in 15 colorways — Cement, Fern, Urban Jungle, Rice, Porcini, Bronze, Air, Ice, Indigo, Oyster, Seaglass, Navy, Bisque, Wheat, and Pewter.
- Brushwick: Influenced by the abstract yet bold murals created by street artists, Brushwick, encapsulates the sweeping movements and vibrant energy of an artistic life in the city. Brushwick is offered in eight colorways — Prussian Blue, Alabaster, Sandstone, Mica, Zinc, Terre Verte, Clay, and Graphite.
- Esplanade: A soft geometric pattern teeming with movement, Esplanade is inspired by the petals of flowers from the lush Brooklyn Botanical Garden as they dance in the wind. The design is included in 15 colorways — Birch, Petal, Mocha, Pampas, Concrete, Cobblestone, Mist, Steel, Bluestone, Bluegrass, Cactus, Navy, Goldenrod, Cinnabar, and Onyx.
- Market Street: Weaving a story from the runway to the walls, Market Street is a multi-colored pattern that captures the essence and nuances of a beautifully woven fabric into a dignified and versatile The design consists of 20 colorways — Wool, Bronze Boucle, Linen, Cotton, Charmeuse, Bamboo, Sage Suede, Blazer, Lace, Chiffon, Jute, Cashmere, Silver Satin, Grey Gabardine, Lemon Tweed, Natural Leather, Nubuck, Blue Taffeta, Dapper Denim, and Tuxedo.
- Highrise: A design that merges organic elements with geometric patterning, Highrise encompasses the evolution of the city grid from strong standing brownstones of the past to the revolutionary skyscrapers of The design is provided in nine colorways — Aluminum, Quartzite, Alabaster, Jade, Steel, Cement, Sandstone, Silt, and Blue Kyanite.
- Cityscape: Deriving from the natural stone that makes up the definitive Brownstones of the city, Cityscape takes cues from the traditional building materials of the past, reminiscent of soft patina. The design is featured in 15 colorways — Alabaster, Quartzite, Travertine, Opaline, Aluminum, Cement, Sandstone, Silt, Jade, Blue Kyanite, River Rock, Clay, Steel, Soapstone, and Slate.
“We strongly resonate with Stacy’s modern approach to design, so we are thrilled to work with her for our latest partnership,” says Sally Curtis, Vice President of Design and Development of Koroseal. “Koroseal has invested in two custom printing machines, allowing us to collaborate with designers in new ways, like no one else in the industry is able to. Stacy’s highly sophisticated brand brings a new look and energy that’s needed today, and our new equipment really makes those patterns shine.”
All patterns are manufactured on state-of-the-art rotogravure printers at Koroseal’s in-house facility, which use an innovative combination of print and emboss. The increased tone capabilities of the new, advanced printers allow for a more delicate layering of colors to create a natural texture, as seen in Cityscape and Highrise, and fine detail of the multicolored print in Market Street. Koroseal can also customize designs to help designers achieve their vision—whether it be a custom color or a change in construction. The partnership between Stacy Garcia | New York and Koroseal will be ongoing as they plan to update the collection multiple times a year with fresh designs and colors.
Koroseal is dedicated to protecting human health, natural resources, and the global environment. The commitment extends beyond compliance with the law to encompass the integration of environmental practices into the brand’s business decisions. Koroseal’s US-based manufacturing facilities continuously pursue methods to further reduce operating emissions, recycle waste material, and use the safest raw materials with the least environmental impact. The brand supplies products that promote sustainability, are low-emitting, contain recycled material, require low energy to produce, and are easily maintained. Koroseal pioneered the conversion to water-based inks and many products can contribute to a building achieving LEED® credits.
For more than two decades, Koroseal has collaborated with world-renowned designers to create wallcoverings that inspire designers to express their unique vision, creating show-stopping interior spaces. The brand is committed to delivering global service through its network of distributors and sales representatives. Partnered with Metro Wallcoverings as the exclusive Koroseal distributor in Canada, Koroseal also has more than 32 international distributors around the world, representing 56 countries.
About Koroseal Interior Products
Koroseal Interior Products is a market-driven design company with a rich history of more than 65 years. Headquartered in Fairlawn, Ohio, Koroseal is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and designer of commercial interior products, sold globally through a dedicated in-house distribution network. The company’s core product portfolio includes commercial wallcoverings, wall protection systems, dry-erase wallcoverings, and specialty products. For further information about Koroseal Interior Products, please visit www.koroseal.com.
About Stacy Garcia | New York
Conceived by the Stacy Garcia Design Studio and driven by the personal inspiration of its founder, Stacy Garcia | New York features finely crafted interior products with a contemporary aesthetic and high art appeal. Each collection is modern and expressive, adding a sophisticated edge to the ever-evolving world of interiors. Stacy Garcia | New York tells an artisan story inspired by boutique hotels, luxury interiors, and celebrates the vibrant and soulful sights and sounds of its city namesake.
The Stacy Garcia | New York brand is one of five brands within the Stacy Garcia Inc. brand portfolio. Founded in 2004 and headquartered in New York, Stacy Garcia Inc. is a licensing and design firm with a signature aesthetic and world-renowned design studio. They collaborate with leading manufacturers to design and produce interior products, fashion & accessories. For more information, please visit stacygarcianewyork.com.