MillerKnoll Honored for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Excellence by EcoVadis
MillerKnoll earned a Silver Rating in CSR by EcoVadis, placing the company in the top seven percent of companies in its industry
MillerKnoll announced Oct. 12 that it has achieved a silver medal from EcoVadis, the world’s most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings. This is the company’s first year scoring as MillerKnoll, and places it in the top seven percent of companies rated by EcoVadis in the furniture manufacturing industry.
EcoVadis is the global standard for business sustainability ratings. The EcoVadis assessment evaluates 21 sustainability criteria across four core themes: Environment, Labor, Human Rights, Ethics, and Sustainable Procurement. More than 85,000 companies globally have been rated by EcoVadis.
“At MillerKnoll, our brands are guided by a shared vision, common values, and unwavering commitment to design,” said Gabe Wing, Director of Sustainability at MillerKnoll. “We bring this mindset into all that we do – from how we manufacture our products to how we promote a culture of belonging. Together, we’re using the power of design to improve people’s lives and be good stewards of Earth’s resources.”
MillerKnoll has strong policies, programs, and results related to sustainability, community, diversity, equity, inclusion, and more. Recent progress includes:
- MillerKnoll introduced 2030 sustainability goals in April 2022 targeted at reducing the company’s carbon footprint, designing out waste, and sourcing better materials.
- Brands across the collective continue to introduce and redesign products to be more sustainable. Herman Miller incorporated ocean-bound plastic into its iconic Aeron Chair and its Eames Molded Plastic Chair now contains 100 percent recycled plastic.
- Two of our largest manufacturing facilities run on 100 percent renewable wind and hydro energy: Knoll’s East Greenville, PA site, and MillerKnoll’s Spring Lake, MI site.
- The company recently announced MillerKnoll Foundation, a global philanthropic platform for its collective of brands to design a brighter future. Driven by the Foundation, MillerKnoll will host its third annual Day of Purpose in November, a day when all global facilities, offices, and stores are closed so associates can vote and make a difference in their communities.
- MillerKnoll launched the Diversity in Design (DID) Collaborative, a group of over 50 companies working together to make the design industry more equitable.
- MillerKnoll CEO Andi Owen signed the CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion pledge and named several associates to the CEO Action for Racial Equity Fellowship.
- MillerKnoll also maintains ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 environmental health and safety management system certifications, which can be found here.
For more on MillerKnoll’s commitment to designing a brighter, more equitable, and sustainable future visit millerknoll.com/environmental-social-impact
EcoVadis’ business sustainability ratings are based on international sustainability standards such as the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact, the International Labour Organization (ILO) conventions, the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards, and the ISO 26000 standard. The ratings provide an evidenced-based analysis of performance and an actionable roadmap for continuous improvement.
Learn more at EcoVadis.com/suppliers