Kelly Queen Joins Camira as Regional Sales Manager
Kelly Queen joins Camira Fabrics as a regional sales manager, representing the UK-based textile maker along the eastern seaboard of the U.S. as well as the midwestern states of Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio and a portion of Michigan. Queen comes to Camira from Maharam, where she served as a sales representative for 12 years. She holds a degree from Central Michigan University in business administration, and will be based in Camira’s North American headquarters in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Camira designs and manufactures upholstery fabrics for commercial offices, hospitality, government, institutional interiors, healthcare, cinema and auditoria.
- Camira is an independent UK textile company with two manufacturing facilities in England (in Huddersfield and Nottingham) and a mainland European manufacturing plant in Lithuania. The company’s North America operation is in Grand Rapids, MI, where it holds stocked inventory and operates a cut yardage program for rapid distribution throughout North America.
- The company was founded in 1974 as Camborne Fabrics, acquired by U.S. modular flooring company Interface Inc. in 1997, and Camira was born out of a management buy-out in April 2006, taking the company back into independent ownership.
- Camira employs about 650 staff and sells some 10 million yards of fabric annually, generating revenues of approximately $100 million.
- The company has been recognized for outstanding product innovation and environmental stewardship, gaining Queen’s Awards for Sustainable Development (2015 and 2010) and Enterprise in Innovation (2005).
- Camira is registered to ISO 9001 (quality standard), ISO 14001 (environmental management) and OSHAS 18001 (health & safety) and OSHAS 18001 (health & safety).
- Camira is trusted, specified and chosen by the world’s top furniture manufacturers, interior specifiers and end-users, including the likes of HSBC, Google, Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and Facebook.