IIDA Global Excellence Awards Now Accepting Submissions
The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) and co-presenting sponsor Designworks, a BMW Group Company, are pleased to announce the opening of the 2016 IIDA Global Excellence Awards. This annual design competition honors outstanding originality and excellence in the creation of international interior design/interior architecture projects in 14 categories.
“The Global Excellence Awards celebrate transformative designs that inspire and fulfill the everyday needs of living, working, learning, and healing,” said IIDA Executive Vice President and CEO Cheryl S. Durst, Hon. FIIDA, LEED AP. “We look forward to once again recognizing the best interiors from around the world at this year’s competition.” Submissions for the 2016 IIDA Global Excellence Awards are now being accepted in the following categories:
- Corporate Space Large (1,000 square meters and above)
- Corporate Space Small (under 1,000 square meters)
- Education (elementary/secondary educational facilities, colleges/universities)
- Entertainment (casinos, performing arts centers, sports arenas, theatres)
- Healthcare (hospitals, outpatient clinics, medical facilities)
- Hospitality (lounges, bars)
- Institutional (cultural, government/municipal spaces, libraries, religious spaces)
- Residences – Multi-Family (condominiums and apartments, including models)
- Residences – Single Family (inhabited freestanding homes)
- Retail (stores, boutiques)
- Showrooms/Exhibition Spaces/Sales Centers
Projects for the Global Excellence Awards will be reviewed by a panel of design professionals: Johannes Lampela (Creative Director, Designworks, a BMW Group Company); Mary Jo Miller, Ind. IIDA (Vice President of Design and Development, HBF Textiles); Brett Shwery, IIDA, CID, LEED AP BD+C (Senior Vice President, Corporate Workplace Design & Delivery Director, AECOM); Anabella Smith (Partner; Director of Interior Architecture, Zyscovich Architects); and Enrique Vela, IIDA, AIA, NCARB (Associate Principal, Rottet Studio).
The deadline for submission is Friday, Nov. 18. Judging will take on Dec. 3, 2016, with awards being presented during a reception at Maison & Objet Paris in January 2017. All winning projects will be featured on the IIDA website. The Best of Competition winner will be selected from the category winners. For questions and more information, please contact Liz Moran, IIDA Design Competitions Director at email@example.com or 312.379.5134.
About International Interior Design Association
The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) is the Commercial Interior Design Association with a global reach. We support design professionals, industry affiliates, educators, students, firms, and their clients through our network of 15,000+ members across 58 countries. We advocate for advancement in education, design excellence, legislation, leadership, accreditation, and community outreach to increase the value and understanding of Interior Design as a profession that enhances business value and positively impacts the health and well-being of people’s lives every day. For more information, visit www.iida.org.