IFMA’s World Workplace Conference and Expo Offers Something for Everyone in FM
The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) will offer something worthwhile for anyone involved with facility management at its World Workplace Conference and Expo to be held in Denver, Colorado, USA, Oct. 7-9, 2015. With this year’s conference theme, “Collaborate to Innovate,” participants will discover value that will directly benefit their careers and the facilities they manage.
Registration for World Workplace Conference and Expo is currently open at www.worldworkplace.org. Members of the press are invited to attend the conference and expo free of charge.
What: IFMA’s World Workplace Conference & Expo
When: Oct. 7-9, 2015
Where: Colorado Convention Center, 700 14th Street, Denver, Colorado, USA
How: Media should RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for credentials and to arrange interviews.
With IFMA celebrating 35 years of serving and advancing the FM industry, World Workplace promises to again deliver the exceptional value that has helped it grow into a premier global facility management event. The event fosters powerful collaboration between FM professionals of all backgrounds, which will equip them with innovations and best practices to implement in the facilities they manage.
World Workplace features world-class keynote speakers who provide insights and inspiration. Opening keynote speaker Josh Linkner brings a wealth of entrepreneurial thinking to his presentation on “Harnessing Innovation: Turning Raw Ideas into Powerful Results.” The closing keynote, “The 3 A’s of Awesome: How to Be Awesome at Work!” will be offered by Neil Pasricha, a New York Times bestselling author and popular TED Talks speaker.
More information is available online at http://worldworkplace.ifma.org/features/keynote-speakers.
Collaborative education opportunities
World Workplace sessions are tailored to a wide variety of skill levels and needs and will once again be organized into four Learning Lab areas, including:
- Leadership: Focuses on C-suite conversations, needs and expectations
- Leading and bleeding edge: Highlights visionary FM concepts and practices
- Management skills: Focuses on soft skills for those who want to perfect their management style
- Performance: Highlights best practices from world-class organizations and individuals
In addition, specialized educational opportunities are available in the days leading up to the official conference start, such as:
- Fall Symposium, a multi-day learning event for those looking to pursue IFMA’s Facility Management Professional™, Sustainability Facility Professional® or Certified Facility Manager® credential or receive an introduction to FM with the Essentials of Facility Management program
- Full-day workshop on the Workplace as Fuel for Innovation held by IFMA’s Workplace Evolutionaries Community of Practice and themed around Denver’s Bandimere Speedway
- The highly popular half-day deeper dive workshop, “High Heels and Hard Hats: Women in FM”
- Facility tours that offer a behind-the-scenes look at the inner workings some of Denver’s most recognizable buildings, including IKEA Centennial, Colorado Convention Center, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Ralph L. Carr Colorado Judicial Center, Colorado State Capitol and Sports Authority Field at Mile High (those interested in participating should note that tours sell out early and are nearly fully booked for this year)
More information on education sessions is available at http://worldworkplace.ifma.org/features/education-sessions.
Innovative products and services on expo floor
The World Workplace Expo gives attendees the opportunity to explore cutting-edge products and services demonstrated by exhibiting companies representing business sectors such as alternative energy, architecture, building maintenance, disaster recovery, education, food services, furniture, health care, real estate, security, technology and more. The World Workplace expo floor is among the best of its kind anywhere in the world.
More information about the expo can be found online at http://worldworkplace.ifma.org/features/the-expo.
For more than 30 years, IFMA’s World Workplace has been leading groundbreaking discussions on the management of facilities, FM teams and workplace projects. Held annually, World Workplace addresses topics of the greatest relevance and concern to professionals who support the built environment. It is widely considered to be the marquee facility management conference in the world. For more information, visit the event’s website at www.worldworkplace.org.
IFMA is the world’s largest and most widely recognized international association for facility management professionals, supporting 24,000 members in 105 countries. The association’s members, represented in 134 chapters and 17 councils worldwide, manage more than 37 billion square feet of property and annually purchase more than US$100 billion in products and services. Formed in 1980, IFMA certifies professionals in facility management, conducts research, provides educational programs and produces World Workplace, the world’s largest facility management conference and exposition. To join and follow IFMA’s social media outlets online, visit the association’s LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter pages. For more information, visit the IFMA press room or www.ifma.org.