IFDA NY Announces 2021 Board
The New York Chapter of the International Furnishings and Design Association (IFDA NY), which provides a professional forum for communication and interaction among its high-profile members, announced its new 2021 board, with designer David Santiago of Casa Santi Interior Design and the Strictly Santi serving as President.
As President he has committed to “upholding the high professional standards of the IFDA New York Chapter, encouraging the development of excellent programs and fostering fellowship among all members – And to have a lot of fun in the process.”
Enthusiasm and an abundance of talent and energy define Santiago, who also is an opera singer, “When it comes to interior design or operatic performances on stage, and most importantly loving the people in my life, I don’t hold back. I wear my heart on my sleeve and expressions on my face speak volumes that reveal the essence of my true feelings and usually it’s exuberance!” he says.
In addition to being instrumental in the steady stream of programming the Chapter has developed starting in the darkest hours of the pandemic, the Santiago has also ramped up the IFDA NY social media with a series of takeovers by the likes of Thom Filicia, Alexa Hampton, Vicente Wolf and more to come.
Other members of the esteemed board of members, which reflects the diversity of the organization’s membership, including representatives from all aspects of the design/furnishings field, are:
- Andrea Warriner, Past President/Chapter Advisor
- Susan Hirsh, FIFDA, Zahava Schwartz, VP’s of the Educational Foundation
- Susan Hirsh, FIFDA, Recording Secretary
- Jennifer Munich, Treasurer
- Rose B. Gilbert, FIFDA, VP of Membership
- Andrea Algaze, Garette Johnson and Jessica Kaller, VP’s of Programs
- Su Hilty, FIFDA, VP of Financial Resources (Sponsorship)
- Charles Pavarini III, J. Randall Tarasuk, VP’s of Awards & Recognition (Circle of Excellence 2022 Co-Chair)
- Sarah Fletcher, Jennifer Munich, VP’s of Marketing & Communications
- Erin Nova Peker, Susan Tucker and Richard Segal, VP’s of Trade Awareness (IFDA Selects)
- Erin Nova Peker, VP of Education
- Maureen Klein, VP of Professional Development
- Michelle Slovak, VP of Special Events (Holiday and Summer Socials)
- Amy Figueroa, Sponsor Liaison
- Claire Coleman, Director at Large
With the support of our administrator-in-chief Rose Hittmeyer.
The International Furnishings and Design Association (IFDA), founded in New York City in 1947 and now with 11 chapters worldwide, provides a professional forum for communication and interaction among its high-profile members. The IFDA, a not-for-profit volunteer-run association, also promotes career advancement and educational opportunities and is structured to increase public awareness of the furnishings and design industry through specialized programming, networking and service to the community.
IFDA NY thanks its INTERNATIONAL Gold Industry Partner: The Shade Store Chapter GOLD Sponsors: Benjamin Moore & Co. | Kravet Inc. | New York Design Center | Stacy Garcia New York.