Daltile, Marazzi, American Olean Brands Highlight Sustainability Efforts
“Beautiful tile — designed responsibly”
In recognition of Earth Day 2023, sister brands Daltile, Marazzi, and American Olean are highlighting some of the many sustainable features of their products, processes, and company ethos.
“As a company, we strive to create beautiful tile designs responsibly,” said Paij Thorn-Brooks, vice president of marketing, Dal-Tile LLC. “Under our brands’ ‘Our Promise’ sustainability platform, we are focused on creating a more Climate Positive future by being dedicated stewards of our global impact, leveraging our resources to shrink our footprint and reduce our waste. Not only do we strive as a company to encourage sustainable activity around Earth Day, but we are keenly focused on this effort 365 days a year via a myriad of environmental sustainability efforts.”
The Daltile, Marazzi, and American Olean environmental sustainability efforts include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 99% — Over 99% of our tile collections contain recycled or reclaimed materials.
- 300 million — On average, our North American facilities recover and reuse over 300 million pounds of recycled and/or reclaimed material per year.
- 17% — 2018 to present we have reduced our carbon footprint by 17%.
- 84% — Overall, we recover and reuse 84% of all process wastewater generated in our manufacturing plants to make tile products.
- 125 million — Our measures have prevented over 125 million gallons of wastewater from entering local municipal water treatment facilities.
- 11% — We have reduced energy consumption by 11% at all of our company-owned Sales Service Centers and distribution facilities.
- 0% — Our tiles are made from only natural materials: water, clay, sand, feldspar, and other minerals. Our tiles contain zero VOCs, zero PVCs, zero allergens, and zero formaldehyde.
- We have developed and continue to maintain product-specific EPDs. We have also produced product-specific HPDs for each of our core companies.
“We look forward to doing great things as we continue to grow our multi-facetted sustainability program,” concluded Thorn-Brooks. “Our commitment to having a positive impact on the world around us is one of the core pillars of our business.”
About Dal-Tile LLC
Dal-Tile LLC is the largest manufacturer and marketer of tile, natural stone, and countertop products used in residential and commercial spaces across North America. Under its three powerhouse brands — Daltile, Marazzi, and American Olean — Dal-Tile leads the industry in both design and product innovation, and is committed to incorporating sustainable programs, materials, processes, and products throughout its organization. Dal-Tile is a division of Mohawk Industries, the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. For more information on Dal-Tile and Mohawk Industries, please visit mohawkind.com. For product information, visit daltile.com, marazzitile.com and americanolean.com.