Configura Releases CET Designer 8.0
New with CET Designer 8.0 is the ability to create 360-degree movies
Configura, maker of CET Designer software, announces the release of CET Designer 8.0. The latest version of the award-winning space-planning software includes the ability to create 360-degree movies, enhancements to the Virtual Viewer VR Extension and other improvements making it easier than ever to produce photorealistic, panoramic renderings.
“CET Designer 8.0 offers amazing visualization capabilities for designers,” Configura Vice President of Global Customer Experience Tracy Lanning said. “Our software helps people bring spaces to life like no other design-and-specification tool.”
CET Designer 8.0 details:
- The ability to create 360-degree movies. With the release of 8.0, the CET Designer Movie Studio Extension will enable users to create and render 360-degree, panoramic videos – offering an incredibly expansive view of a designed space. (View a 360-fly-thru video here: https://www.facebook.com/CETDesigner/videos/10154875622703052/.)
- Enhancements to Configura’s Virtual Viewer VR Extension. Support for HTC Vive headsets launches with CET Designer 8.0; meanwhile, Oculus Rift headsets already are supported by the Virtual Viewer VR Extension. Plus, Configura’s recent collaboration with Yulio “democratizes” VR through the use of inexpensive 3D headsets such as Google Cardboard. Configura’s Virtual Viewer VR Extension along with a VR headset offers an immersive, virtual reality experience of a designed space. This year at NeoCon (June 12-14 in Chicago), Configura will demo these VR technologies and be giving away Yulio-supported Google Cardboard 3D headsets.
- Additional enhancements coming with CET Designer 8.0:
- Improvements making it easier than ever to produce photorealistic renderings and 360-degree panoramic renderings
- The ability to do “custom shape tagging” – a popular request made by CET Designer users
- Added support to the CET Designer “Edit Graphics” (Meshes) tool for mirroring parts and whole objects
- Updates to the Stairs Extension – expanded styles, materials and abilities to attach staircases and adjust railings
- A new “omni” light source in the Lights Extension
- More kitchen and home accessories
CET Designer has become one of the leading space-planning solutions used today. It is used by thousands of designers, specifiers and salespersons around the world. Global office furniture manufacturers and suppliers that have invested in CET Designer Extensions for their companies and dealerships include AJ, Allsteel, Aurora Storage Products, Bisley, Carvajal Espacios, ChargeSpot, Chief, Connectrac, Dekko, Euro Chair, Haworth, Herman Miller, HON, Inscape, iTab, KI, Kimball Office, Maars Living Walls, Midmark, National, OFS Brands, Oi Furniture, Solinoff, Spacefile, Steelcase, Sunon, Teknion and Tranquil Systems International.
Configura will demo CET Designer 8.0 at NeoCon 2017 in space 7-5129 at The Merchandise Mart in Chicago.
Configura creates intelligent space-planning software for manufacturers, dealers and designers in the Contract Furniture, Kitchen and Bath, Material Handling, Industrial Machinery, and Laboratory and Healthcare industries. The company’s software products, including CET Designer, are used by more than 10,000 people around the world. Configura Sverige AB, the parent company, is headquartered in Linköping, Sweden, with commercial operations in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Founded in 1990, Configura is privately owned with more than 120 employees worldwide and annual sales of more than $13 million USD. More information at www.configura.com.
About CET Designer
Based on technology created by Configura, CET Designer is intelligent, highly visual and intuitive space-planning software that simplifies specifying and selling of products in a variety of industries. It’s a complete solution that quickly and accurately handles every step of the sales and order process. In CET Designer, components that represent manufacturers’ products look and behave like actual products. Users drag and drop components into 2D and 3D virtual environments; behind the scenes, the software tracks components, calculates pricing and prevents user errors. Users can create and generate layouts, quotes, photorealistic renderings, movies, installation drawings, reconfigurations and bills of materials – in other words, everything needed to propose on work and place orders. CET Designer is the future of space planning. More information at www.configura.com/cet.