Camira Warms Up Spring With a Blaze of New Colors and Texture
Camira is welcoming spring with a riot of fresh new colors in its bestselling Blazer family of pure wool textile, as well as introducing expanded colorway options for both Gravity and Manhattan, a pair of polyester fabrics. In addition, Camira is launching a dramatic new version of its popular Synergy wool-blend textile, christened Synergy Quilt, which debuts with a trio of quilted patterns available.
Blazer now boasts a dazzling palette of 50 colors, with 14 brand new shades that enrich the mix of melange and solid colorways for Camira’s classic textile. Blazer’s overall palette expands the options for bold, fun and vibrant colors that pop, as well as warmer neutrals for more subtle settings.
Gravity unleashes a torrent of 19 new colorways, from neutrals with subdued tonal accents to the bright and the bold. Dobby-woven and piece-dyed, Gravity soars as a closed-looped up cycled polyester utilizing Camira’s own waste yards.
Manhattan makes a high-fashion and high-impact statement for Camira, now with six playful and bright new colors rendered with a modernist geometric texture that hints at an architectural grid design with a fashion-forward color blocking. Made from 100 per cent post-industrial recycled polyester, Manhattan has a built-in stretch that makes upholstery a snap.
An inventive and high-impact twist on Camira’s soft wool-blend fabric family, Synergy Quilt is launching with three quilted patterns — Channel, Chevron or Hourglass — in eight color options from the Synergy palette. The extra-wide Synergy Quilt gives designers and end users a sweeping set of new options for tantalizing textures and innovative ideas in upholstery.
• Camira is a privately-owned UK textile group formed originally in 1974 as Camborne Fabrics in Huddersfield
• In its modern-day form, Camira came into being in April, 2006 ,following a management buy-out from former American parent company, modular flooring specialist Interface Inc
• The company is headquartered at Wheatley Park, Mirfield, with 500,000-square-feet manufacturing facilities across five locations in the UK and one in Lithuania
• The company operates globally with offices in Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Spain, Poland, USA, China and Australia, as well as an extensive network of agents and distributors
• Installations include Manchester Arena, University of Lancaster, Swiss Rail, Transport for London (London Underground and New Routemaster Bus for London), Southmead Hospital Bristol, BBC MediaCityUK and University of Huddersfield.
• Camira is trusted, specified and chosen by the world’s top furniture manufacturers, interior specifiers and end-users, including the likes of HSBC, Google, Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and Facebook.