Buro Happold Expands Leadership In Healthcare, Science and Technology Practice
Buro Happold, a global leader in planning and implementation at every scale for the science, technology and healthcare markets, has announced the elevation of three principals to key leadership roles in the consultancy’s Boston and San Francisco offices. According to partner John Swift, Global Sector Lead for the Healthcare, Science and Technology (HST) practice, the new postings include:
· Justin Molé, PE, to U.S. East Coast Sciences Sector Leader.
· Justin Schultz, PE, to U.S. West Coast Sciences Sector Leader
· Don Rosen to U.S. Healthcare Sector Leader
Reflecting Buro Happold’s deep expertise and vast portfolio of leading-edge works in these sectors, the appointments further crystallize the team structure within the firm’s worldwide HST practice, to better support the goals of clients and collaborative partners at the vanguard of three interrelated, fast-growing and highly competitive markets.
“As we continue to grow, take on groundbreaking project work, and add breadth and depth to our collective expertise within the HST practice, elevating these three principals to these critically important leadership roles serves to reinforce our commitment to innovative, highly sustainable built environments for the Healthcare and Science markets in the U.S.,” says Swift. “The appointments also reflect and acknowledge the principals’ significant individual contributions, knowledge and skill.
Swift adds, “I look forward to continuing to work closely with Justin, Don and Justin, as well as the many other Buro Happold colleagues who work with us, to deliver high-value, pioneering project outcomes.”
Recent major U.S. projects for Buro Happold in HST markets include hospitals, technology complexes, laboratories, and research campuses for blue-chip, Fortune 50 organizations and top institutions such as Draper Laboratory, Alexandria Real Estate, WS Development, IQHQ, Brandywine, Breakthrough Properties, Genzyme, Takeda, Mass General Brigham, the Cleveland Clinic, Arizona State University, Brown University, Princeton University, The University of Pennsylvania and Harvard University. Through the HST practice Buro Happold also engages in its own cutting-edge research in cooperation with industry allies and major public agencies.
Additional information on the three Buro Happold principals named to new leadership roles follows below.
- Justin Molé, P.E. LEED AP, Principal and Regional Discipline Leader, MEP for Buro Happold now serves also as U.S. East Coast Sciences Sector Leader. Molé joined Buro Happold six years ago as an associate engineer, rapidly emerging as a leader within the Boston office. With over 12 years of experience specializing in laboratory, commercial, and higher education design with a focus on mechanical systems, he has made significant contributions to a wide range of sustainable, high performance building designs. Recently completed works include HVAC design for a 700,000-square-foot biomedical research campus in Cambridge, Mass. Molé is currently leading on major laboratory upgrades at Draper Labs.
- Justin Schultz, P.E. Principal and Regional Discipline Leader, MEP in the San Francisco office now takes on the additional responsibilities of U.S. West Coast Sciences Sector Leader. Prior to joining Buro Happold in 2021, Schultz developed a reputation both nationally and overseas for sustainable design and technical excellence across a broad range of market sectors including laboratory, academic, retail, museum, commercial, and government projects. While emphasizing collaboration, he represents the MEP team acting as the main point of daily contact for all project-related client issues.
- Don Rosen, Principal in Buro Happold’s Boston office, brings over three decades of experience in consulting engineering and engineering project management to the new role of U.S. Healthcare Sector Leader. Responsible for developing mechanical concepts, preparing working documents, and construction administration oversight – and with considerable expertise in plumbing and fire protection engineering design – Rosen has provided critical leadership for the U.S. MEP team since joining Buro Happold in the Spring of 2021. He brings extensive knowledge of laboratory and healthcare engineering, and a portfolio of work that includes companies and institutions such as Pfizer, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
About Buro Happold
Buro Happold is an international, integrated consultancy of engineers, consultants and advisers recognized globally as a leader in sustainability. Operating in over 30 locations worldwide with 72 partners and over 2,000 employees, for nearly 50 years we have built a world-class reputation for delivering creative, value-led solutions for an ever-challenging world. www.burohappold.com