Best of Asia Pacific Design Awards Now Open
The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) and co-presenting sponsor Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong are pleased to announce the opening of the 5th annual IIDA Best of Asia Pacific Design Awards competition. This competition honors innovation and design excellence in interior design/architecture throughout the Asia Pacific region in 15 categories.
“This competition celebrates the tremendous talent, inspired aesthetics, and significant design accomplishments in the Asia Pacific region,” IIDA Executive Vice President and CEO Cheryl S. Durst, Hon. FIIDA, LEED AP, said. “We look forward to recognizing the designers and firms who are leading the industry both regionally and internationally.”
Entries are now being accepted in the following categories:
- Corporate Space Large (1,000 square meters and above)
- Corporate Space Small (under 1,000 square meters)
- Education (elementary/secondary educational facilities, colleges/universities)
- Entertainment (casinos, performing arts centers, sports arenas, theatres)
- Healthcare (hospitals, outpatient clinics, medical facilities)
- Institutional (cultural, government/municipal spaces, libraries, religious spaces)
- Public Spaces & Commercial Lobbies
- Residences Large (95 square meters and above)
- Residences Small (under 95 square meters)
- Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
- Retail (stores, boutiques)
- Sales Centers & Show Flats
- Showrooms & Exhibition Spaces
- Spas, Fitness Centers, & Gymnasiums
The 2017 jury panel will include Johnny Chiu, founder, J.C. Architecture; Susan Orlandi, IIDA, CID, LEED AP BD+C, associate director and interiors practice leader, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP; and Joey N. Shimoda, FIIDA, FAIA, chief creative officer, Shimoda Design Group.
Projects must be located in the Asia Pacific region; however, the design firm may be based outside of the region. Submitted project(s) must have been completed after July 1, 2015. The deadline to submit is Thursday, Sept. 7, 2017. More information is available on the competition website.
Winning projects will be published in an issue of Contract magazine, on the IIDA website, and in the official Winners Brochure, and will be recognized at a special awards reception at the Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong on December 12, 2017. For more information, please contact Liz Moran, design competitions director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the competitions page on the IIDA website.
About International Interior Design Association
The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) is the Commercial Interior Design Association with global reach. We support design professionals, industry affiliates, educators, students, firms and their clients through our network of 15,000+ members across 58 countries. We advocate for advancement in education, design excellence, legislation, leadership, accreditation, and community outreach to increase the value and understanding of interior design as a profession that enhances business value and positively impacts the health and well-being of people’s lives every day. www.iida.org