15 Top Schools Selected to Exhibit at ICFF NYC 2017
ICFF Schools Program Returns to Foster Emerging Design Talent
ICFF®, North America’s largest and most prestigious series of design events for interiors in its 29th year, announces its list of 15 schools participating in the 2017 ICFF Schools program, an annual program that recognizes design talent emerging from leading universities worldwide. Each selected school is given an exhibit space at ICFF NYC 2017, taking place May 21-24.
The ICFF 2017 Schools program will be comprised of the following universities:
- Rhode Island School of Design, presenting Patters of Making
- University of Iowa, presenting University of Iowa 3D Design Program
- University of Oregon, presenting Compact Living: Rethinking Dormitory Life
- University of Cincinnatti, presenting Midwest Modern
- Kean University, presenting Grow It Yourself Lifestyle Objects – Collaboration with Evocative Design
- Pratt Institute, presenting Design for the Mind
- Rochester Institute of Technology, presenting Metaproject 07: RIT + Umbra
- Eastern Michigan University
- Drexel University, presenting In-Play
- ECMH+UDB, presenting Design for Mobility
- Art Center College of Design
- Fashion Institute of Technology, presenting Future Nostalgia
- University of Illinois at Chicago, presenting Materials Driven Design – Letting the Material Define the Product
- San Diego State University
- Virginia Tech
“Thank you to each school who submitted a project for our 2017 ICFF Schools program. The caliber of projects and schools involved in this year’s show is incredible,” said Kevin O’Keefe, ICFF event director. “We look forward to seeing each school’s finished product on the show floor at ICFF NYC in May.”
Each participating school submitted a student design project with the goal of creating a new and unique piece or collection to achieve a specific goal; some schools set out to challenge the current status quo of design, while others looked to demonstrate the ability of design to increase wellbeing.
One school will be selected by the ICFF Editors’ Awards team as ‘Best Design School,’ a coveted recognition garnering the attention of the trade press and the over 35,000 industry professionals anticipated to attend ICFF NYC 2017. The ‘Best Design School’ award will be presented during the 2017 Editors’ Awards ceremony on the ICFF Talks stage, Sunday May 21 at 5:00pm.
For more information on ICFF Schools 2017, visit: http://www.icff.com/show/features/.
Members of the design trade can visit http://registration.experientevent.com/showicf171/?flowcode=attendee to register for ICFF NYC.
ICFF® is the premier North American global Design showcase for interior furniture, seating, carpet and flooring, lighting, outdoor furniture, materials, wall coverings, accessories, textiles, kitchen and bath and fabricators, attracting more than 700 exhibitors and 33,000 attendees from around the world. The 29thannual ICFF® in New York is scheduled for May 21-24, 2017 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. The second annual ICFF® Miami is scheduled for October 3-4, 2017. Visit www.icff.com for more information on NYC and www.icffmiami.com for details on Miami.
Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ICFFdesign, on Twitter at @ICFF and on Instagram at icff_nyc.
ICFF is owned and operated by Emerald Expositions, a leading operator of large business-to-business trade shows in the United States, producing more than 80 trade shows and over 100 face-to-face events in total, including conferences, summits and other events. Emerald Expositions connects more than 335,000 sellers and buyers each year and operates within the U.S. in 10 end markets (Gift, Home, General Merchandise and Manufacturing; Sports & Apparel; Design; Jewelry, Luxury & Antiques; E-Commerce; Creative Services; Licensing; Healthcare; Military; and Food).